MONAN GOZZETT SOLICITORS
Complaints Handling Policy
Our Complaints Policy
Monan Gozzett is committed to delivering an outstanding service to our clients. If you are a client and are dissatisfied with any element of our service (including about your bill), you should contact the senior fee earner responsible for your case, or the Firm’s complaints partner who will be happy to discuss the matter with you and, if applicable, initiate our Client Complaints Procedure (a copy of which will be sent to you on request).
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We will then have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman at the address below.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Complaints Partner, Maria Monan, or our deputy Complaints Partner, Neal Gozzett, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Maria Monan or Neal Gozzett will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. She/he will do this within 14 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three working days of the meeting, Maria Monan or Neal Gozzett will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she/he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Maria Monan or Neal Gozzett will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including her/his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another partner, Maria Monan or Neal Gozzett, to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman on the following address:
PO Box 6806,
about your complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it). For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com.