When people fall out in business it can have devastating consequences for all involved. Corporate disputes are not unusual, and we recognise that they can be particularly stressful and can have a significant impact upon the reputation of individuals and commercial businesses, so we provide a bespoke service in times of crisis.
We act for shareholders, members, directors and companies in a wide range of corporate disputes, including in the following areas:
- Unfair prejudice petitions for and against minority shareholders.
- Acting for shareholders in relation to breaches of shareholder agreements and/or joint venture agreements.
- Acting on behalf of shareholders to enforce their rights.
- Breach of warranty claims and enforcement of restrictive covenants.
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims for and against directors, partners and LLP members.
- Misrepresentation and fraud related claims for and against directors, partners and LLP members.
- Winding up proceedings.
We provide advice about our clients' legal rights and obligations which is critical in any corporate dispute. We appreciate that our clients are concerned about the financial consequences of being involved in a dispute. We therefore provide clear costs advice and consider various litigation funding options with our clients.
As well as advising on when and how to litigate, we also help our clients evaluate the commercial benefit of litigation against settlement or alternative means of dispute resolution at all stages of a dispute