Neal Gozzett is a Senior Partner at Monan Gozzett and is also a Higher Court Advocate. Neal has over 13 years experience in criminal law and specialises in serious complex litigation. This includes the most serious cases of criminal litigation ranging from serious violence, corporate manslaughter, large scale drug supply, sex offences and fraud. Neal advises frequently in false sex allegations and works with senior London Queen’s Counsel on a regular basis.
Through the use of effective representations (oral and written), Neal has a proven track record for getting cases discontinued at the early police station stage, thus avoiding the need for court proceedings which could otherwise be lengthy and stressful.
Neal has specific experience in Road Traffic Law, focusing on highly complex and technical cases, and for cases where the client is at risk of disqualification.
Neal’s experience also includes challenging legal decisions, where appropriate, through judicial reviews and tribunals. In addition, he has steered formal complaints against the Police through the Police Standards Directorate and advised individuals in regulatory matters i.e. The Football Association (FA).
In line with the values of Monan Gozzett, Neal’s thoroughness, attention to detail and willingness to go the extra mile for his clients, has enabled him to be successful in getting clients’ DNA and fingerprints removed from police records where cases are dropped.
Neal has developed a wide-ranging client portfolio over the years, which includes high-profile media/sports personalities and senior business men and women.
- Assault – secures acquittal for Pilot accused of domestic violence. Extensive investigation and meticulous trial preparation lead to Not Guilty verdict at court.
- Assaults and Harassment - No further action rewarded after Sussex businessman accused of multiple assaults and harassment against his ex-partner. Neal's representations were key in having the matter stopped after questioning the credibility of each allegation.
- Historic Rape – police station investigation halted after CPS take no further action after detailed written representations sent to CPS. Submitted lengthy representations alongside further evidence obtained - after conducting own investigation to ensure defence version of events looked at in detail, as police did not fully investigate leads provided in interview by client.
- Harassment - Business man acquitted on first day of trial of harassment against his ex-partner, after producing evidence to confirm he was being harassed and no action was taken by the police. The Crown offered no evidence on the day after submitting dossier
- Rape – Senior IT consultant accused of Rape by ex-girlfriend. Own investigation conducted including witnesses not interviewed by police and detailed written representations submitted. No further action taken by Crown Prosecution Service
- Rape – Midlands based businessman accused of Rape by ex-wife. Obtained evidence which supported his client’s case by obtaining media downloads and submitting report alongside detailed written representations to the police. Case did not make it to the Crown Prosecution Service for a charging decision, the Sergeant dealing with the case took no further action bringing a swift conclusion to the case
- Regulatory – instructed by client who was a football coach to challenge the Football Association in relation to a life time ban. Submitted lengthy complex legal arguments to obtain an oral hearing, this succeeded. At full hearing successful in persuading the appeal board to remove complete exclusion
- Senior lawyer accused of sexual allegations - represented senior lawyer at International Banking institution accused of false sexual allegation. Representations made in enquiry which led to allegations being unfounded and client being re-instated to post
- Sexual Assault - Neal Gozzett secures no further action for British expat, residing in France for historic sexual assault. His client residences in France and had to return for questioning and co-operated fully with the UK police force to avoid Interpol being involved. Neal Gozzett being pro-active from the start, avoided his client being under investigation for a lengthy period and as a result, the matter was concluded with no further action being taken
- Sex offence - secured No Further Action after conducting own investigations alongside police investigation. This led to a swift conclusion of allegation against businessman accused of Sexual Assault
- Assault - secured No Further Action for high flying city Accountant for false allegation against his son after making lengthy representations to the Crown Prosecution Service
- Sex offence - Secured No Further Action for Teacher accused of historic sex offence. Expert preparation carried out which lead to a fast conclusion of the matter
- Football Association (FA) disciplinary proceedings - representing a football coach before the FA disciplinary and safeguarding panel
- Judicial Review - Representing Russian businessman in Judicial Review proceedings in relation the legality of the administration of a police caution
- Judicial Review - Representing a teacher in relation to the legality of Social Services disclosures and procedures in relation to their investigation of an allegation made by a child
- Assault - Rising star in English football acquitted of serious assault
- Sexual Assault - businessman acquitted of Sexual Assault in Somerset at Taunton Crown Court
- Attempted Murder – acquitted although admissions at scene to arresting officers
- Corporate Manslaughter – businessman accused of death of worker at factory – case discontinued at police station
- Large scale drugs supply – 12 week trial - involving multi-agency undercover surveillance from UK, Holland and Albania
- Rape – 3 counts - acquitted on 2 counts of Rape at 1st trial on multiple women and acquitted on first count of Rape at re-trial
- Rape - 22 count indictment of historic sex offences - acquitted on all counts
- Sexual Offence – D accused of historic sex offence on step-daughter – acquitted
- Sexual Offence – Case discontinued after lengthy written representations made between police station attendances – client advised by original solicitor to admit offence and accept a caution
- Death by dangerous driving – delivery driver accused of death of elderly lady discontinued at police station
- Drink Driving – client acquitted of drink driving at trial after lengthy legal submissions regarding continuity of sample
- Driving under influence of drugs - Client acquitted of driving offences at trial after cross-examination of police officer regarding samples and procedure
- Section 18 GBH - Secured No Further Action for father accused of "baby shaking" after submitting lengthy written representations to the CPS
- Secured discontinuance at investigation stage for renowned game-art designer/author. The complex case involved the Police interviewing witnesses in America in relation to the case and after written representations from Neal Gozzett, the Police took no further action.
- Stalking Accusation - Secured no further action case conclusion for city professional. Case fully reviewed and concluded prior to reaching the Crown Prosecution Service. Persuaded police to conduct a voluntary interview, leaving no trace on the Police National Computer.
LLB Hons (Hons) 2001. Qualified as a solicitor in 2007.
Chichester Law Society, Solicitors Association of Higher Court Advocates (SAHCA) and The Fraud Lawyers Association.
What his clients say about him:
Both my husband and I felt that your advocacy skills in the courtroom were first class displaying a superb balance between politeness and steely pursuit of the true facts. You have a demeanour and presence that inspires confidence.
We will be be recommending you."
I know you've worked very hard on my behalf and I really appreciate it.
I got a very good result at court.”
It was your due diligence and expertise that most impressed me and your ability to relate to my situation.
Once again many thanks and I will of course recommend you to any colleagues or family if they ever require a lawyer."
Neal found flaws in the allegation and started work on these immediately. The case was prolonged over a 12 month period due to staff absences within the Police force.
Neal continued to put pressure on the Police to make sure this case was resolved ASAP. He made it clear his intention was to have this case dropped and not for it to progress to the CPS as it would cost me a lot more money and time.
Neal had the case dropped, allowing me to move forward in my life.
He’s courteous, professional, experienced and straight to the point. You pay for what you get and I’m truly grateful I chose Neal to represent me."
Based on the meeting I then decided to engage Neal to progress the matter on my behalf. Neal initiated the process by contacting the officer in charge and submitting a set of structured questions, also advising the OIC that Monan Gozzett will be submitting representations on my behalf.
This action is so key at this point in order to stand a chance of an early NFA decision. A couple of weeks later Neal received a phone call from the officer in charge, stating that no further action will be taken, matter closed. Neal then contacted me and delivered the good news, I was so pleased, I can’t thank Neal and his team enough.
I would like to emphasise the regular updates I received from Neal throughout the whole process. He phoned me, WhatsApp’d me, and accepted my phone calls early evening. Generally, you will not be able to speak with a solicitor after 4:30/5:00 pm. Yet at gone 6pm on some evenings Neal was quite happy to discuss matters with me. Neal, thank you sir, I’m over the moon. I would highly recommend Neal Gozzett of Monan Gozzett solicitors if you are facing a false allegation of any kind."